Has anyone else noticed that some applications don't show up on Gnome-software?

I’m using the latest Fedora release for Gnome 42.
I’ve noticed this since I first started using Fedora 31.
Some applications will fail to pop up on Gnome software.

Specifically, these applications won’t show up on Gnome-software if you search for them, or when you right-click on the app for details.

So far, I’ve been able to identify a few apps like this
Timeshift
Solaar
and Kvantum Manager
These are apps that can only be installed by using the dnf command or a different app center like DNF-dragora or KDE-Discover.

Can anyone else replicate this issue?
Furthermore, if this is an actual issue, how would you write a bug report for this, and how?

Thanks for mentioning this. I was looking for Timeshift a few weeks ago but saw that it was missing, so I figured it just wasn’t in Fedora’s repos. I don’t see Timeshift or Kvantum Manager when I try looking it up Gnome Software, but Solaar does come up.

Solaar:

Only programs with appdata.xml/metainfo.xml files show up in Snome Software. Some programs haven’t been updated to include one of those files.

2 Likes

Should we report these to their respective repos?
I’d imagine this would be much easier to do from the Fedora devs compared to us.
Could this process be automated?

I don’t think you want to add it to every package that is in Fedora. Some packages like libraries, you typically don’t install by itself. I would just file a bug ticket with those you find.

Ah…so. Bug reports for each application? Got it. Thanks.