GNOME Software Center wants me to restart to install updates

Whew! It’s been a long time since I made this post but boy has discourse made sure to email me updates regardless. I’m gonna go change that setting right now. I made this post back when I was still a linux newbie and uncomfortable with the command line. Now that I have adjusted to it, I have no problem running updates via dnf and then restarting services, or the entire computer, as I now understand the importance of the reboot and the reasoning behind it.

Suggestion for the mods: Discourse has the option to close topics after a set amount of time. On the other forum I’m on, also a discourse forum, we have that enabled to prevent old topics from coming back from the dead haha. In any case, this is a non-issue now, I think its fine to lock the thread. I do appreciate the activity and helpful comments even almost a year later though! :grinning:

Yes. We had enabled this feature… probably after this post. :slight_smile: Topics posted and marked as solved before the change weren’t locked automatically by Discourse.
I’m going to close this topic now, as you suggest.