Gnome-abrt can't upload crash reports from flatpak apps

Simple question: How can I upload flatpak app crash reports to bugzilla.redhat.com if it’s not currently possible?

1 Like

Hi @delacosta78—welcome to the community! Please take a look at the introductory posts in #start-here if you’ve not had a chance to do so yet.

I do not think abrt submits crash reports for flatpaks at the moment. I expect you’re getting your flatpaks from flathub—they are provided via flathub and they are maintained by volunteers (many of which are the upstream developers of the various tools).

For these, flathub suggests you file issues on their individual repositories:

If you are getting your flatpaks elsewhere, you will have to get in touch with the providers themselves. Upstream developers all use their own issue/bug tracking software. Bugzilla is only used for software packaged and provided by the Fedora community, and these are what abrt services.

PS: there’s work in the pipeline to create flatpaks from fedora packages and provide them to users using Fedora infrastructure. I expect when this is ready, there will be some way of reporting these crashes too. I’m not up to date on the progress of this sub-project, though.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for clarifying this.

Hello, is this still the same or where should I look for more information?

Yes, I think abrt still does not submit crash reports for Flatpks. It cannot—I’m not even sure if there’s a way to install the debuginfo required to generate crash reports for Flatpaks. I think it’s best to join the Flatpak community channels (Flatpak is not Fedora, and vice versa) and see what they have to say.

These might be useful:

via abrt bug report (upstream)

There’s also a corresponding report against Flatpak

2 Likes