Fedora31 live usb hangs at boot

The Fedora 31 live usb hangs on my desktop when I boot, before reaching the testing media screen. The same USB works fine on my laptop. I’ve tried “nomodeset” and “i915.modeset=0”, didn’t work. It always hangs, but ctrl-alt-delete works and it prints lines before restarting the system. Fedora 30 works without issue on the same machine.

How do I fix this?

update : After following the Fedora dracut debugging instructions (How to debug Dracut problems - Fedora Project Wiki) I was able to identify the networking as the last thing it did before it hangs. By disabling the mainboard’s NICs in the BIOS, I was able to boot

2 Likes

Hello @acyclic

Welcome to the forum, glad you solved the issue you were having. Would you mind marking your comment as the solution to your problem? This will provide others with the same or similar issues a solved similarity.

Update: After following the Fedora dracut debugging instructions (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Dracut_problems ) I was able to identify the networking as the last thing it did before it hangs. By disabling one of the mainboard’s two NICs in the BIOS (either one), I was able to boot.
I can’t explain why this works, but it’s reproducible. The mainboard is an Asus P10S WS.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.