Cross posted with this coreos-status email.
Following our scheduling policy around Fedora major version releases we will be rolling out the Fedora Linux 36 rebase over the next few weeks. This will start tomorrow with the
During this development cycle we continued to follow the Fedora Change process more closely in order to provide a smoother transition of incoming Fedora Changes. We also closely watched our package additions/removals to carefully evaluate any changes and determine if they were intentional.
Current known issues:
Notable transitions in the Fedora 36 rebase:
- Podman 4.0, with some backwards incompatible changes
- iptables nft by default, along with auto-migration
Some highlights of recently added features/improvements:
- added a VirtualBox artifact and updated documentation
- added a Nutanix artifact
- added support for creating a minimal ISO image
- updated the VMWare OVA to use UEFI/SecureBoot by default
- added CI testing for Azure
Thanks to everyone who participated in the test week and to everyone that follows the
next streams to help us identify and fix issues before they get to