Fedora 40 Workstation (Spin) KDE - Nvidia Drivers

Hello everyone. I am not new to most technical things but I am having a confusion on the proper way to install Nvidia drivers on Fedora 40 KDE Edition. I want to play my Steam games and not touch Windows as much as possible but not sure which method to use, dnf vs flathub, etc.

For reference, I have a aging Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 GPU.

Thank you all.

https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/NVIDIA

1 Like

I got everything installed, even did the Secure Boot MOK install and switched to Plasma X11 as Wayland was breaking Blender and others on me.

I did install both the akmod-nvidia and the cuda packages prior to the MOK thing.

After I did the MOK enrollment, I saw the splash screen with an error but it went by so fast, that I could not read it.

Cuda doesn’t seem to be working:

modinfo:

Sorry for sounding a bit too new, trying my best, but thanks again.

you need to install cuda packages to nvidia
sudo dnf install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-cuda

oh wait you got that MOK signing screen and enrolled so that should be done something might failed on there i will push this to Nvidia/Rpm fusion expert @computersavvy he has more experience on this one to debug issue

Thank you for your help and forwarding. :slight_smile:

Update.

I was able to run sudo mokutil --trust-mok and reboot

Now it’s detected

My only challenge left is, what version of Steam should I install? Flatpak?

1 Like

fedora have rpm with third-party repos enabled jsut sudo dnf install steam or if you prefer flatpak

that was really nice to get it working with that command i learned something new on it

1 Like

FYI, This is the other post which I followed after trying the usual.

Should help anyone else. Maybe make it a sticky. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help.

Sorry about no speaking up earlier.
It was night here when this thread was started.

Glad you were able to locate a thread that provided your solution.
:+1:
:100:

1 Like