Fedora 39 on chuwi ubook x reverses auto rotation

Hi all,

I don’t seem to be able to do anything about the auto rotate function but as soon as i disconnect the keyboard the tablet mode has portrait and landscape reversed. If I connect the keyboard whilst the tablet is in the landscape (but showing portrait) it sticks like this which is pretty much making the system unusable.

I am unable to use the tablet with the keyboard removed which is making life quite stressful.

If you could advise on how I can reverse the orientation that would be amazing.

I installed the OS from the fedora usb installer and used the new 39 version.

Many thanks,
Paul

Have you done a full sudo dnf upgrade --refresh.
It is my understanding this may have been fixed in updates done since the initial release.

hi,

Tried this but there’s no difference, shut down and restarted the tablet as well and still no change.

Any ideas?

This is a big one that’s stopping me from usign the tablet for what it was intended for.

Many thanks,
Paul

Can someone please help me here, it’s been over two weeks now, I want to use this tablet and I don’t want to have to reinstall windows 11. I am trying to migrate away from windows but if this is the experience that people get then it’s no surprise why they stick with the conglomerate.

I found this, but there’s nothing in that folder to change gnome3 - Changing the way automatic screen rotation works in Gnome shell - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

Please advise as I’m giving it a week then either moving to ubuntu to try that and failing that then going back to dirty windows 11 as I need a functioning tablet.

Please help,
Thanks Paul

You’re going to have to create the file mentioned in that post it is not there by default.

This seems to be more specific to your device, Chuwi Ubook X - installing Linux (Fedora or Ubuntu), resolving Intel graphics problems and screen rotation issues - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

I would substitute nano or vim depending on your preference in editors.

it’s a real shame as I really like fedora, but I still cannot use this tablet as none of this has made a difference to the rotation as its still working backwards. I’m going to try ubuntu and failing that i’m putting windows 11 back on as it’s pointless to have a tablet that’s knackered.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi all update on this, I’m really stubborn and hate windows so I persevered and managed to get it working with the following steps.

created the file with:
sudo nano /etc/udev/hwdb.d/61-sensor-local.hwdb

then added this to it:
sensor:modalias:*
ACCEL_MOUNT_MATRIX=0, -1, 0; -1, 0, 0; 0, 0, -1

saved it and then ran:
systemd-hwdb update
followed by:
udevadm trigger

Rebooted my device and everything worked a treat.

If they could add this to the updates this would be amazing.

my model number for the tablet is:
YUbokXCW3H231001381

Happy to stay FOSS for this new year.

Happy new year to everyone.

Peace out,
Paul