Fedora 39 freezes during installation

Hello, I decided to install Fedora 39 on a very old computer (it is 12 years old). However, the installation hung twice. The Live USB boots without errors, everything seems to work, graphics are in Full HD. But when I did manual disk partitioning and clicked Done, everything froze. Neither the mouse nor the keyboard worked, the only thing that helped was pressing Reset on the system unit. I rebooted and tried to install again. The second time it hung when I just started the Fedora installer and chose the language.
At first, I thought I had faulty RAM, but then I found messages that other users with old Nvidia graphics cards were experiencing the same issues. My computer also has an old Nvidia graphics card.
To avoid further experimentation, please tell me which version of Fedora would be better for me to install? Fedora 37? And if everything installs fine, should I upgrade to Fedora 39?
Thank you!

Removed

First, we need to know exactly which nvidia GPU is installed.
From the live media while booted open a terminal window and run lspci -nnk | grep -iA 3 -E 'nvidia' and post that so we may see which card this is.

As for your second question this seems a totally different issue and should be treated to its own thread. Mixing different issues in the same thread quickly becomes confusing.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
This driver is suitable for any NVIDIA Fermi GPU found between 2010 and 2012: xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-390xx .
I will install this driver, but first I need to install Fedora 39, and it freezes during installation. Which version of Fedora should I try? Fedora 37?

When booting the installation media select the troubleshooting option then use the basic graphical install which should properly boot and allow the installation. After installing in basic graphics mode then with the reboot try using the grub menu, press e while the menu is displayed and the kernel to boot is selected, then add nomodeset to the line that begins with linux on that screen.

It should then boot properly and you can follow the steps at rpmfusion to configure the rpmfusion repo. Once that is done then the appropriate driver can be installed with sudo dnf install akmod-nvidia-390xx to support that GPU. Wait 5 minutes after the install is complete before rebooting.

Thank you! The recommendations helped. Just a clarification: if you are installing Fedora in “troubleshooting” mode, there is no need to add “nomodeset” to the kernel at the first boot, it was already added. I booted up, installed rpmfusion, and then akmod-nvidia-390xx.