[Fedocal] Reminder meeting : Magazine editorial board

Dear all,

You are kindly invited to the meeting:
Magazine editorial board on 2021-04-07 from 08:00:00 to 09:00:00 America/New_York
At fedora-meeting@irc.freenode.net

The meeting will be about:
This meeting is for editors of the Fedora Magazine site. The agenda primarily consists of deciding, assigning, and scheduling posts for the upcoming weeks.

More information available at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine

Source: Meeting "Magazine editorial board" - Fedocal

Any volunteers to run the meeting? If not, I’ll do it.

Assuming my alarm succeeds in rousing me at that hour, I can do it. It looks like there is only one card in the review column though. And that one seems to indicated in its last comment that the author wants to pull it back for further revision. Maybe we should ask him to try to make the revisions quickly?

1 Like

191 and 300, I believe, are ready to be scheduled.

It looks like the Stratis article is scheduled for tomorrow, so we can decided on when to publish 191 and 300 at tomorrow’s meeting. Thanks for reviewing and editing those articles Richard.

I just took a peek at 191 and 300. I see first person (we) used several times in those articles. In the past we (the editors) have tried to reword those sentences to use the second person (you). I think the concern was that we didn’t want people to think the articles on the magazine were speaking authoritatively for the Fedora Project. Is that still a concern?

I’ll rework that then. I guess I was uncertain how much rework we should do.

I’m not certain either. I think I probably have a tendency to do too much. :slightly_smiling_face:

As much as it takes. :slight_smile: We do want to make sure the articles comply with our style guidelines. If it becomes too much work, it’s probably better to kick it back to the author to make corrections.

Thank you. I’ve eliminated “we” in both 191 and 300.

I was looking at #299 and it appears to be rather “wordy” (for lack of a better term). I’d be interested in the opinion of others about how to approach an article like that one. Assuming someone has time.

Just my opinion, but I think an occasional wordy article is fine. In the midst of a drought it might even be good. I wouldn’t want to schedule such articles back to back though (maybe even restrict them to no more than one per month). Just my opinion.

glb will be Editor of the Week next week.

1 Like