[Fedocal] Reminder meeting : Council meeting 2021-05-27

Dear all,

You are kindly invited to the meeting:
Council meeting on 2021-05-27 from 13:00:00 to 14:00:00 America/Indiana/Indianapolis
At fedora-meeting@irc.freenode.net Update: see below!

The meeting will be about:
The primary chair for this meeting (usually the FPgM, FPL, or FCAIC) should reply to this message with this week’s agenda.

More information available at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Council_Meetings

Source: Meeting "Council meeting" - Fedocal

Recently I noticed Council meeting reminder are being posted twice.

Hm. Seems to be an issue with the calendar. I’ll look.

1 Like

Because of Events in the IRC World, let’s do this one as a video call. Same time, using my bridge here: Blue Jeans Network | Video Collaboration in the Cloud.

Sorry for the late notice.

Agenda:

• IRC OMG
  • Your topics here

Notes:

IRC

Nick says: “The current state of IRC is a dumpster fire”

• Freenode taking over channels is an escalation
  • We’ve taken our Matrix bridges down as an emergency measure
  • We did get #fedora-pl back
  • Libera channels are getting set up
  • We have cloaks!
  • registering channels now needs to go through our group contacts (nb, spot, nirik)
  • pagure repo for creating channels now
  • plan to send out this announcement today:

Draft IRC announcement: HackMD - Collaborative Markdown Knowledge Base

• We will change channel topics to “This is no longer an official Fedora Project channel. See IRC Announcement – Fedora Community Blog for more information.”

• Our bots will come off of freenode. It’d be nice to have still there them telling people to move, but we really don’t want to pick a fight, and freenode doesn’t seem to want that, so there’s no reason to be antagonistic

• It’s fine if freenode wants to run unofficial Fedora channels as long as they follow our trademark guidelines. It does need to not be confusing to users.

• Discussion about docs update. It’s harder than just a search and replace, since pages like “my nick on freenode is mattdm” shouldn’t.

Swag and Budget

• Planned new logo stuff: New Swag for the New Fedora Logo - HackMD

• Because most of our budget usually goes to Flock and to travel, we have a significant budget surplus.

• Suggestion of KLF-style burning of cash was shouted down. We should do something useful with this instead!

• Looking for new mentorship/internship programs, as GSOC has changed and isn’t really a good match for Fedora anymore.

• suggestion: “season of KDE”

Survey

Survey to go live on June 1st. (URL redacted because it’s not ready to go live yet.)