Fc38 kernel-6.3 nvidia-470xx no text console

Once kernel is selected from boot menu no display at all until sddm comes up but you can not interact with sddm. Entering password wil get me to x11 plasma desktop. Desktop seems okay but ctrl alt f# into console is blank.

I hate to break it to you, but that driver is for an older GPU. You did not say what GPU it is, but support for those GPUs was dropped by nvidia at the same time as nvidia released the 495 driver a few years back.

Because the older driver is no longer updated by nvidia it may be that upgrades to support the newer kernel is not there yet. Additionally, that driver can only be used when using xorg as one’s DE since it does not support wayland at all.

My suggestion → upgrade the GPU to at least a GTX 1050 or newer so it is supported by the newer drivers.

Did things still work well when using the 6.2.X kernels?

The nvidia-470xx driver inserted kernel boot options “rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau modprobe.blacklist=nouveau nvidia-drm.m
odeset=1 rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau modprobe.blacklist=nouveau nvidia-drm.modeset=1 initcall_blacklist=simpledrm_platform_d
river_init”, I cleared it all and everything is fine.