Fc32 gnome-software hung trying to update

I’ve been running fc32 for about a week now on a system I upgraded from fc31. Today, gnome-software just spins forever and never comes up with a list of updates.

Looking at the logs, I see:

% journalctl /usr/bin/gnome-software

Apr 10 10:29:24 myhost gnome-software[2746]: not handling error failed for action get-updates-historical: Error -1 running transaction
Apr 10 10:32:54 myhost gnome-software[2746]: failed to cancel: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction.NotRunning: Transaction is already finished

So, I tried to run dnf update next and see what it did and I see this:

% sudo dnf update -y
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:27 ago on Fri 10 Apr 2020 10:44:31 AM CDT.
Dependencies resolved.
====================================================================================
 Package       Architecture    Version               Repository                Size
====================================================================================
Upgrading:
 crun          x86_64          0.13-2.fc32           updates-testing          163 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Total download size: 163 k
Downloading Packages:
crun-0.13-2.fc32.x86_64.rpm                         674 kB/s | 163 kB     00:00    
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                               327 kB/s | 163 kB     00:00     
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Preparing        :                                                            1/1 
  Upgrading        : crun-0.13-2.fc32.x86_64                                    1/2 
error: lsetfilecon: (/usr/bin/crun;5e90947c, system_u:object_r:container_runtime_exec_t:s0) Invalid argument
error: Plugin selinux: hook fsm_file_prepare failed

Error unpacking rpm package crun-0.13-2.fc32.x86_64
  Verifying        : crun-0.13-2.fc32.x86_64                                    1/2 
  Verifying        : crun-0.13-1.fc32.x86_64                                    2/2 

Failed:
  crun-0.13-1.fc32.x86_64                  crun-0.13-2.fc32.x86_64                 

Error: Transaction failed

Any ideas?

1 Like

Strange,

Try the following (but you’ve got to use the terminal)
sudo dnf remove crun

Fear not, it is not a critical removal. You can bring it back (read on)
then recreate your dnf metadata (the following steps assume that you are not caching or keeping packages)

sudo dnf clean all
sudo dnf update
sudo dnf install crun
3 Likes

There is a problem about that particular update, see here:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-01133ab9ee

3 Likes

Please note that Fedora 32 has not yet been released and is not meant to be used as a daily use distro.

If anyone is using it already, please keep this in mind: it has bugs, and you are expected to debug these where possible and file bugs so that they can be fixed before the release. Ideally, discussion related to Fedora 32 should be held with the Fedora QA team on one of their channels:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA

That is also where you will get the most up to date information on the bugs/updates and general state of Fedora 32.

Edit: we’re not saying don’t use it, but please keep in mind the significance of “beta” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

now beta test F32…It’ll be stable later…I agree @FranciscoD

I am also testing the F32. I am really looking forward to it, and I am looking forward to great changes and new transformations. It seems to be a more advanced fedora.

4 Likes