Failed to load /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo

Yes, WG is a common short from for WireGuard.

1 Like

This is what I got when typing “sudo dnf config-manager”
Do I have to type “disable proton” after typing or choose a folder of content. I get the message that it is unable to open the keyfile again: Failed to search for file: Failed to load /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo: Nøglefilen starter ikke med en gruppe (Keyfile does not start with a group (Translated from danish)

Thank you. One more task on my studyboard here :nerd_face:

For terminal output, please use copy and paste to post the required contents.

Screen shot is hard to read.

2 Likes

Two very simple ways to disable that repo.

1. Delete the file /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo
  2. Edit that file and change the line enabled=1 to enabled=0.

Either of those changes will stop that message.

1 Like

Thank you Glenn. I am trying in the moment. But using Fedora and the Terminal is all very new for me knowing not exactly what I’m doing. Please be very specific. I type in the commands in the Terminal what you guys replying and I might forget something which is basic knowledge or something which is very clear to you. I do consider to read more about the basic terms of the use of Fedora and Linux bash commands. If you know a good link to start please share :thinking:

I will. But I had my problems making copies of the Terminal so the old familar button worked. But thank you for telling me :wink:

Do you mean like this ?

[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ sudo dnf confi-manager --disable proton-fedora-33-unstable
[sudo] adgangskode for TemplePusher:
–enable, --set-enabled og --disable, --set-disabled skal bruges sammen med config-manager-kommandoen.
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ sudo dnf config-manager
Advarsel: kunne ikke indlæse ‘/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo’, springer over.
usage: dnf config-manager [-c [config file]] [-q] [-v] [–version] [–installroot [path]] [–nodocs] [–noplugins]
[–enableplugin [plugin]] [–disableplugin [plugin]] [–releasever RELEASEVER]
[–setopt SETOPTS] [–skip-broken] [-h] [–allowerasing] [-b | --nobest] [-C]
[-R [minutes]] [-d [debug level]] [–debugsolver] [–showduplicates] [-e ERRORLEVEL]
[–obsoletes] [–rpmverbosity [debug level name]] [-y] [–assumeno] [–enablerepo [repo]]
[–disablerepo [repo] | --repo [repo]] [–enable | --disable] [-x [package]]
[–disableexcludes [repo]] [–repofrompath [repo,path]] [–noautoremove] [–nogpgcheck]
[–color COLOR] [–refresh] [-4] [-6] [–destdir DESTDIR] [–downloadonly]
[–comment COMMENT] [–bugfix] [–enhancement] [–newpackage] [–security]
[–advisory ADVISORY] [–bz BUGZILLA] [–cve CVES]
[–sec-severity {Critical,Important,Moderate,Low}] [–forcearch ARCH] [–save]
[–add-repo URL] [–dump] [–dump-variables] [–set-enabled | --set-disabled]
[repo …]
Fejl ved kommandolinje: en af følgende argumenter kræves: --save --add-repo --dump --dump-variables --set-enabled --enable --set-disabled --disable
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ --disable proton
bash: --disable: command not found…
Failed to search for file: Failed to load /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo: Nøglefilen starter ikke med en gruppe
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ disablerepo
bash: disablerepo: command not found…
Failed to search for file: Failed to load /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo: Nøglefilen starter ikke med en gruppe
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ --disablerepo
bash: --disablerepo: command not found…
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ --disable proton
bash: --disable: command not found…
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ disable -x yum
bash: disable: command not found…
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ -c
bash: -c: command not found…
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ --noplugins
bash: --noplugins: command not found…
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ ^C
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$

is there a command for the terminal to delete. Or can I find the map at my desktop in the homefolder and delete it directly ?

It is written that the commandoes has to be used with the config manager commando. I did try that

–enable, --set-enabled og --disable, --set-disabled skal bruges sammen med config-manager-kommandoen.

Try this command to disable fedora-33-unstable.repo:

sudo dnf config-manager --set-disabled fedora-33-unstable

1 Like

Typing the in sudo dnf config-manager --disable /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo

or

sudo dnf config-manager --disable proton

replies that there is no match for such at filearchive

dnf config-manager --disable fedora-33-unstable
Advarsel: kunne ikke indlæse ‘/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo’, springer over.
Fejl: Kommandoen blev kørt med superbruger-rettigheder (under root-brugeren på de fleste systemer).

It can’t read the /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-33-unstable.repo
telling that it is missing.

I guess the problem is that it can’t be disabled or deleted becourse it doesn’t exist

You cannot enable or disable a repo file like that. The way to disable a repo is to is run “sudo dnf repolist”

Then use the displayed id of the repo when you do the disable.
This is what I see when I do that.
To confirm that the repo is now disabled repeat the “sudo dnf repolist” command and the repo you just disabled should not now be shown.

$ sudo dnf repolist
repo id                                                 repo name
PlexRepo                                                PlexRepo
fedora                                                  Fedora 33 - x86_64
fedora-cisco-openh264                                   Fedora 33 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
google-chrome                                           google-chrome
proton-fedora-33-unstable                               fedora-33-unstable
rpmfusion-free                                          RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Free
rpmfusion-free-updates                                  RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Free - Updates
rpmfusion-nonfree                                       RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Nonfree
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                               RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Nonfree - Updates
updates                                                 Fedora 33 - x86_64 - Updates

$ sudo dnf config-manager --disable proton-fedora-33-unstable

Note that “dnf repolist” only lists those repos that are active (enabled), so if it does not show with that command then it is not enabled and dnf should not use it to download or update anything.

1 Like

Here is what I got typing in the “sudo dnf repolist” command :thinking:

[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$ sudo dnf repolist
[sudo] adgangskode for TemplePusher:
kilde-id kildenavn
brave-browser-rpm-nightly.s3.brave.com_x86_64_ created by dnf config-manager from https://brave-browser-rpm-nightly.s3.brave.com/x86_64/
copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:ycollet:linuxmao Copr repo for linuxmao owned by ycollet
fedora Fedora 33 - x86_64
fedora-cisco-openh264 Fedora 33 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
fedora-modular Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64
phracek-PyCharm Copr repo for PyCharm owned by phracek
updates Fedora 33 - x86_64 - Updates
updates-modular Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 - Updates
[TemplePusher@localhost ~]$

Since I do not read your language I can only guess, but it seems to me the file is not readable or is in the wrong format so dnf is complaining about reading the actual file.

My earlier suggestion to delete the file may be the correct answer to eliminate the error. If you really need the proton vpn repo then a reinstall may be the best answer. Note the file name says “unstable” as does the repo id, so it seems correct to believe that it means what it says and likely will not work well.

1 Like

And people who use screen- or brail readers loose the content totally.

2 Likes

Thank you for your patience. I will try to switch to english in the Fedora preferences but danish best for me to start with becourse it’s very new to me.

Yes deleting and reinstall. I copy that. The problem is to find the folder with the data to erase and then having the right new repo to reinstall it.

What do you mean by loosing all content ?

I haven’t tried myself, but it seems ProtonVPN has instructions for installation under Fedora:

2 Likes