F40 Plasma 6.1 Release Date

Is there a release date for KDE Plasma 6.1 for Fedora 40? The System Tray popups are not working and This question stated that a fix would be in the 6.1 release.

If anyone is aware of a fix for this, please advise. Otherwise I’ll just have to wait or use another Desktop.

You won’t need Plasma 6.1, the relevant fix was tagged as a cherry-pick and back-ported.

I see the fix has already been pushed to updates-testing repository for libplasma 6.0.4-2.

Probably the best place to track its status at this moment would be the above, or with less details just libplasma bodhi.

it should be in stable in a few days if I had to guess.

That said, for the time being I disabled the floating panel and after a couple of problematic sessions (as I pointed out in the other post) it stopped misbehaving as much.

Thank you for the insight. Can you tell me how I can disable the floating panel?

Right click on the panel > Enter Edit mode > checkbox/slider that says Floating
It is the right bottom of the available options

If the issue persists and creates that tiny square knub, try “messing with it” a bit (drag to resize) and see if a window pops that is wildly miss-aligned.
If it does, simply close it and open it again, and it should show up normally after that for the rest of the session.

If the above doesn’t work, you could try fetching selectively that package from updates-testing repo if that interests you as an option, but I personally avoid doing that to avoid creating other unforseen dependency-related issues.

Regardless, the how-to for that from the reference linked in my last post (requires that the /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo is set up):

How to install
Updates may require up to 24 hours to propagate to mirrors. If the following command doesn’t work, please retry later:

sudo dnf upgrade --enablerepo=updates-testing --refresh --advisory=FEDORA-2024-aab1f46004

Best of luck :slight_smile:

Has a release date been announced for Plasma 6.1? I need it to bind the Grid View to a Screen Edge.

KDE Plasma 6.1 is preparing for release next week.

How long will it take more or less to get to Fedora?

It landed today, but there is at least 1 known bug with the systems settings already:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2024-27a0225fd1