F32 : upgrade to 32.20200905.0 from 32.20200822.0 nvidia troubles

Hello everyone !

I tried to upgrade my system two days ago and I have a strange problem maybe with nvidia driver ?

On the 32.20200905.0, one of my two screens leave blank, OBS says there is a problem with my GPU and Blender doesn’t detect CUDA ( the last one is because for some reasons the upgrade remove the xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-cuda-libs, so I reinstall by hand )
On the 32.20200822.0, no of these problem appear.

I suspect a problem with the last nvidia driver version 450.66, but nothing seems wrong in my logs !

There is the same rpm-ostree kargs output ( except ostree as expected ) between the two version : resume=/dev/mapper/fedora-swap rd.lvm.lv=fedora/root rd.lvm.lv=fedora/swap rhgb quiet root=/dev/mapper/fedora-root ostree=/ostree/boot.1/fedora/f34b26550c169909ad3b35a00282ac8747a97b66095956df211e97062b1caa80/0 rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau nvidia-drm.modeset=1

Same lsmod, services, unit files and Xorg logs, and no other error in logs…

Gnome detect the two screens because windows pop up in my blank screen.
Nvidia-settings seems ok too, it detect the two screen, etc… But always a blank screen.

My config :

• CPU : AMD RYZEN 9 3950X
  • GPU : NVIDIA 2080 TI ( MSI )
  • Memory : 32Go Corsair LPX Vengeance

Packages installed for nvidia : akmod-nvidia, xorg-x11-drv-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-cuda-lib, xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs, xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686

I’m an experimented GNU/linux user but now I don’t what happened here…

I only have Intel GPUs on my machines here (so I’m not affected nor can I test this), but I did see a recent post that looks relevant to this one, with a solution:

The formatting is lost in the in-line quote. (You might want to click the link to visit it.)

Unfortunately I don’t think those issues are related. Here it appears to be a driver issue not related to installation and that should probably be reported upstream somewhere (I don’t know how nvidia bug reports are handled).

Thanks for your replies ! Yes maybe it’s purely driver related…

But, I can wait for better version compatibility if I can install a layered package without update !
I want to install : pulseaudio-module-jack and jack-connection-kit-dbus, but rpm-ostree say I must run rpm-ostree cleanup -m && rpm-ostree update. Here, it’s the big problem, can I install these packages ? Maybe with a custom tree ?

The solution by @garrett is maybe a clue ?

The rpm-ostree documentation isn’t very clear…

Perhaps it requires an update. This should be fine to do, then layer the jack audio bits afterwards.

Yes, but the update of the nvidia driver breaks my setup. I can wait for new update or try to layer without update if this option is allowed