Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'home_myusername_repository'

Hi there. When I install something with dnf install terminal give me that notification:

• Curl error (37): Couldn’t read a file:// file for file:///home/zikmaf/repository/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn’t open file /home/zikmaf/repository/repodata/repomd.xml]
    Next:
    Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried
    And wrote: Ignoring repositories: home_zikmaf_repository

What I need to do to fix it?

1 Like
dnf -q repolist

What is the output?

home_zikmaf_repository created by dnf config-manager from file:///home/zikmaf/repository

1 Like

Why do you need a custom local repo?
What instruction did you follow to create it?

If be honest I don’t know. I just use command lines that different sources gave me. I am a newbie that’s why I might have done something wrong that I don’t need to. And I don’t remember how I do it. Are you thinking of doing nothing about it?

1 Like
sudo rpm --nodeps -e fedora-repos
sudo rpm --nodeps -e fedora-repos-modular
sudo rename repo bak /etc/yum.repos.d/*
sudo dnf install \
"https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/33/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/f/fedora-repos-33-1.noarch.rpm" \
"https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/33/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/f/fedora-repos-modular-33-1.noarch.rpm"
sudo dnf -q repolist
1 Like

Can you explain me what this commands do? I think that is unsafe to do commands without any explanations.

And I noticed something funny. I think we both from Russia :grinning: because you, like me take a long time to write messages. Maybe with google translate. And you have a name of russian man

1 Like

You have no official repos listed, instead there’s some broken local repo.
The commands are supposed to restore your repos configuration to Fedora 33 defaults.

1 Like

Ok, I understood. But I don’t undrestood you first time, therefore I gave you not all results of the command.

This is all:
copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:ycollet:linuxmao Copr repo for linuxmao owned by ycollet
fedora Fedora 33 - x86_64
fedora-cisco-openh264 Fedora 33 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
fedora-modular Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64
home_zikmaf_repository created by dnf config-manager from file:///home/zikmaf/repository
planetccrma Planet CCRMA 33 - x86_64
planetcore Planet CCRMA Core 33 - x86_64
rpmfusion-free RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Free
rpmfusion-free-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Free - Updates
rpmfusion-nonfree RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Nonfree
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 33 - Nonfree - Updates
updates Fedora 33 - x86_64 - Updates
updates-modular Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 - Updates

1 Like

Then you can just disable that broken repo:

sudo dnf config-manager --save --setopt=home_zikmaf_repository.enabled=0
3 Likes

Yes, It helped me. Big thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.