Elisa cannot play back alac, gstreamer missing plugin

Hi

I’m preparing a collection of lossless audio files where some come from an older iMac and iTunes and are m4a / alac-files**. They play fine in VLC but they do not play in Elisa. I get a “no parking here” sign and this in the journal:

Warning: "No decoder available for type 'audio/x-alac, codec_data=(buffer)
Error: “Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.”

Yes I can simply ffmpeg these into flac but I dislike mysteries and this feels solvable :slight_smile: Also I very much like Elisa so far, browsing album art and everything about its UI and functionality. Besides alac…

gstreamer1-libav-1.19.1-1.fc34.x86_64 is installed (via rpmfusion I think, free and nonfree are enabled).
If I however do gst-inspect-1.0 avdec_alac*
I get “no such module or plugin: avdec_alac”

*(Reddit - Dive into anything )

Anyone with an idea on how to enable alac playback for elisa?

Stream #0:0(und): Audio: alac (alac / 0x63616C61), 44100 Hz, stereo, s16p, 996 kb/s (default)

Edit. Sorry to bother you all, it was apparently solved by doing a system update. Some gstreamer and pipewire things were updated (I update manually without Discover since I didn’t like the sometimes-several-times-a-day-update notifications and very visible orange notifier everytime I started Discover). I shan’t change my update routine except that if I encounter another issue I’d like to ask about here I’ll make sure the system is minutely up to date first = )
gst-inspect-1.0 avdec_alac now gives a verbose affirmitive.