Docs meeting agenda: 2022-10-12

Here’s the agenda for the meeting 2022-10-12T18:30:00Z in #fedora-meeting-1:

2 Likes

A general question concerning how we organize in the recent weeks and maybe months: do we really need to put everything in the meeting?

I have a bit the feeling that we have largely given up on asynchronous discussions, especially on discourse. I am not sure if we really have too much topics: we just try to put everything in the synchronous meetings.

On one hand, we do not get things done and people cannot contribute when they have time because relevant decisions are pending due to the full meeting schedules. On the other hand, we loose time in meetings because several minutes pass while people have to review or read external pages: does this all really belong to the synchronous meeting?

I think we can be much more efficient if we focus on (async) discussions.fp instead of the meetings: this will save time (no one has to wait for others reading pages or so), and it makes it easier for everyone to contribute (and it does not limit us to one hour).

Maybe we should focus the meetings only on finalizing decisions (“is there any objection we have to consider before assuming a consensus?”), to make aware of what is critical or to align different issues & people’s doings, but not to do the discussion. (Just as an example).

The current approach makes it also harder for new people to get in because meetings can be sorted only by time (which ain’t helpful in many, if not most, cases) and their content cannot be sorted at all. On discourse, people can sort by topics AND time and thus, easily get an overview of what happens in Docs and an overview of the development of topics.

Does this make sense? What do you think?

1 Like

Discussions complement Docs meeting. For new writers, it is not about decision making process, but something to write about.

I sense that writers have to wait until strategy and reorganization are complete. I stopped tracking which Docs drafts/commits are on the waiting list for publication.

We should incorporate healthy balance of the following areas in meeting agenda

Minutes and full logs are available.

Highlights

• We should try to keep the meeting focused on blocking tasks and topics that need decisions. Maybe keep the number of topics to 2-3 to let everyone time to speak and leave room for open floor and new contributors if any.

Action

• pboy to test run the new builder script on Mac
1 Like