Here’s the agenda for the meeting 2022-05-11T18:30:00Z. One issue is tagged for the meeting, but it is GitLab-related.
- Previous action items
- pboy to schedule office hours for the content plan (blocked until the release date is finalized)
- GitLab migration
- Open floor
If you have anything else to add to the agenda, please reply to this thread!
Proposed plan for the office hours
- Create an issue describing the overall concept, the measures to take and the possible effects on the editions, spins and other solutions.
- Refining the mockup so that it is easier to get an idea of the intended solution.
- Both of the above ready on Monday May 16.
- Final occasion to discuss on the meeting May 18
- Start campaigning with the editions, spins, etc.
- First office hour, Tuesday May 31, 1500 UTC
- Second office hour Thursday June 9 1900 UTC
- Start to restructure stg June 21
This will give everyone a thorough opportunity to review the proposed changes and possibly develop alternative proposals.
The two office hours are on different days of the week and at different times of the day, so hopefully everyone can find a convenient time.
The disadvantage is that everything drags on a bit long. Maybe we could start a week earlier and/or schedule the two office hours on different days of the same week.
We are now a little more than halfway between revitalization meetings and a planned election of team lead(s) by July 1, 2022. Right now there is not much to choose from. And the number of voters is also limited.
OpenFloor may not be the right opportunity, but we should address this point soon. I had written something about this a few threads back. Another example is #189. py0xc3 put in some efforts to generate a list of members. But then nothing happened. We got no result, no progress out of it. Such an experience is likely not only to frustrate the actor, but also to deter others who observe it.
Yet another example is #183. We are halfway through and struggled.
I think we should put some thought into how we can take existing initiatives from the last few weeks and get our act together to follow through.
Nothing is more debilitating and discouraging than not seeing any action and results.
Minutes and full logs are available on Meetbot.
@bcotton to draft a “heads up” message about the gitlab migration
@darknao to verify behavior of “issue tracker read only” setting in pagure
@pbokoc to finally add a relnotes guide to the contributor docs
3 posts were split to a new topic: Content plan office hours