Do i need to setup more permissions to upload relval results

just run fedora 40 installation and read wikis and trying to learn the hooks to report etc i have relval but seems like i get error for upload so i guess not have access since that is client side error

requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://fedoraproject.org/w/api.php?meta=userinfo%7Cuserinfo&uiprop=groups%7Crights%7Cblockinfo%7Chasmsg&continue=&action=query&format=json

this is my screen on fresh 40 installation

What are you trying to do? Setup a wiki page for some testing?

Here are some current test day events: Contribute at the Fedora CoreOS, Podman Desktop, Podman 5, and Toolbx test days - Fedora Magazine

QA/SOP Release Validation Test Event - Fedora Project Wiki and Overview - fedora-qa/relval - Pagure.io ?

thanks need to spend more time on wikis then well beta release candidate 1.10 installer well…

From Ask Fedora to Project Discussion

@augenauf Marko was trying to do the right thing - file results from validation testing to the wiki, e.g. Test Results:Fedora 40 Beta 1.10 Installation - Fedora Project Wiki . relval is a tool I wrote to make that process a bit easier (so you don’t have to edit raw wiki pages).

The wiki pages themselves are set to be editable by anyone, but yes, I think to edit them via relval you unfortunately need to have membership of enough groups to be able to edit the wiki when signed in (for…dumb technical reasons).

@anon91881872 sorry for the trouble - I will add you to the Quality group in FAS, I think that should give you enough permissions to be able to use relval.

I’ve added you to the QA group, but…you were already in a couple of groups, so I’d guess that wasn’t the issue. Have you done the FPCA thing? Account System/CompleteFPCA - Fedora Project Wiki

BTW, the actual issue you’re running into looks rather like something that was also reported on Raspberry PI - Issues rendering gtk4 window decorations on v3d on Fedora-40/mesa-24.0 (#10853) · Issues · Mesa / mesa · GitLab . I’ve added a note there linking to your screenshots here.

Does VMWare have some settings for the graphics card emulation? Can you try changing some of those and see if it affects the bug? Particularly if there’s an option for enabling or disabling 3D acceleration, play with that…

Thanks I will try changing the VMware graphics emulator settings if that helps or change anything.

I think I did accept the fpca on somepoint not sure and I didn’t know I am on some groups already no idea what those are, but if I am now on QA and if actually relval reports works that’s awesome I can learn and practice more how stuff works and take more testings

Btw what has changed compared on F39 to F40 on GTK since F39 works perfectly on VMware? Need to look on that tomorrow

1 Like

The major thing that changed is that GTK is using a different renderer by default. If you try launching an affected app with GSK_RENDERER=gl - e.g. GSK_RENDERER=gl gnome-control-center - you may find it looks fine. Would be interesting to know, in fact.

For relval report-results, can you try it again and let me know if it’s still not working for you? I did report some results that way today myself and it worked fine.

the culprit is on 3D hardware acceleration since on my system example when i use hardware acceleration enabled it uses mesa/intel and then dgpu with vmware drivers. that took off it uses only software rendering and everything is fine

ah, yeah, that’s kinda what I expected. so, this is probably a mesa issue too, not sure if it’s the exact same as the Pi one or not; I guess when we get a fix for that we can see if it fixes it on vmware too.

i got oauth accepted, but relval keeps crashing or mishbehavior and still getting
raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self) requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://fedoraproject.org/w/api.php?meta=userinfo%7Cuserinfo&uiprop=groups%7Crights%7Cblockinfo%7Chasmsg&continue=&action=query&format=json

oh, wait. where exactly are you running it? it expects to be run in a terminal inside a graphical desktop, it should then post a link you can click to authorize yourself in a browser…

yes and it opens browser and says all good you can close this window

huh. that’s…weird. i’ll re-test with a config where i’m not already authorized tomorrow and see if I can get the failure to happen…

1 Like

this fixes things when i run it on terminal and no graphical issues

aha, so yup, definitely an issue with the new renderer. i’ll keep an eye on that mesa bug and try to remember to let you know when there’s something to test.

I’ve filed Issues rendering gtk4 windows on VMware with 3D acceleration on Fedora-40/mesa-24.0 (#10901) · Issues · Mesa / mesa · GitLab for your VMware rendering issue. If you could drop by there and add any additional info you might be relevant, and maybe attach some logs from both cases (broken with acceleration, working without acceleration) it may help. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

thanks will get logs today and added them there

some important stuff on logs might help you all

11:24:05 AM systemd: Failed to start app-gnome-gnome\x2dkeyring\x2dsecrets-2084.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.
11:24:02 AM gdm-session-wor: gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file
 6:23:43 PM virtqemud: Unable to open /dev/kvm: No such file or directory
 6:23:38 PM alsactl: alsa-lib main.c:1554:(snd_use_case_mgr_open) error: failed to import hw:0 use case configuration -2
 6:23:37 PM kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: Opcode 0x0c12 failed: -38
 6:23:37 PM kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: Opcode 0x0c12 failed: -38
 6:23:37 PM kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: unexpected cc 0x0c12 length: 2 < 3
 6:23:36 PM kernel: piix4_smbus 0000:00:07.3: SMBus base address uninitialized - upgrade BIOS or use force_addr=0xaddr

libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen
MESA: error: ZINK: failed to choose pdev
TU: error: ../src/freedreno/vulkan/tu_knl.cc:232: device /dev/dri/renderD128 (vmwgfx) is not compatible with turnip (VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER)

The timestamped messages are all irrelevant.

I think the libEGL and ZINK messages are kinda generic and not as interesting/fatal as they sound. The vulkan one is possibly more interesting but may just be more of the same “oh, this path doesn’t work, I’ll print a scary message and go down a different one” kinda thing. Still, probably worth mentioning those three on the upstream issue.

Thanks!