Dnf5 commandline upgrade fails due to: "filtered out by exclude filtering"I

I tried the following command:
dnf5 install https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.9.0.13/emby-server-rpm_4.9.0.13_x86_64.rpm

Problem: conflicting requests
  - package emby-server-4.9.0.13-1.x86_64 is filtered out by exclude filtering

I then resubmitted using dnf4 and everything worked fine.

I’ve never seen this type of error before . I don’t see any filter list or exclude list for this.
Is this a bug?

Thanks!

I’ve seen that sort of error with dnf 4 when something is excluded by a exclude=... line in /etc/dnf/dnf.conf. I haven’t used dnf 5.

2 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately I looked at the dnf5 filtering documentation and doesn’t
look like any of it applies. As far as /etc/dnf/dnf.conf that doesn’t have any excludes in
it, and I’m assuming that it is for dnf4 on my system. I tried to find where (if any) other special conf for dnf5 and locate isn’t coming up with anything.

I’ll open a bug report if no one here knows. Just seems weird that it works fine for dnf4 but
dnf5 has that exclude issue.

If someone who is testing dnf5 could check this out it would be much appreciated. I’m just wanting to make sure I’m not missing something. Today I downloaded:

firefox-125.0-1.fc40.x86_64.rpm 
firefox-langpacks-125.0-1.fc40.x86_64.rpm

from koji and tried to upgrade these files using dnf5. Didn’t work, same issue as above.

Reported bug here: dnf5 incorrectly applying include statements from repos on local only install

Upon testing in a VM found the sole use of exclude statements does not cause an issue. It appears this issue is only caused by the use of include statements.

2 Likes