Distrobox article

There’s an ongoing project called distrobox. I haven’t tried it but it looks like Toolbx with more compatibility. I think it’s a great candidate for an article.

2 Likes

It looks a great tool.

1 Like

I like how the README states, “Older versions [of Ubuntu] based on 20.04 needs external repos to install newer Podman and Docker releases.” But there are no problems listed for running Distrobox on Fedora Linux. If we run this we should probably recommend that the host system be Fedora Linux (even if it is stated in a way that is obviously a bit tougue-in-cheek :yum:).

I guess we can give this a +1. You’re not the first one to ask for this sort of thing.

1 Like

Like me :stuck_out_tongue:
https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/install-and-run-deb-packages-using-toolbox/34645/22

1 Like

I’ll give it a +1 as well.
@theevilskeleton are you offering to write this one or is it just a suggestion?

Card #78 has been created for this

1 Like

I’m not offering yet. I’m focusing on the Flatpak articles. If no one is interested on this one, then I won’t mind writing an article about it.

1 Like

That’s fine. I just wanted to know if it should be assigned to anyone yet.
Flatpak first. :wink:
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi all guys, I’m the author of distrobox, thanks for sharing interest in the project :slight_smile:

If it doesn’t come out as a shameless self promotion, I can write the article :+1:

6 Likes

I’d say go for it! But first, let’s see if @rlengland and @glb are okay with it.

1 Like

That would be great Luca. Thanks. Here is a link to the documentation for Fedora Magazine. If you have any questions, just ask.

1 Like

Cool thanks a lot! Will start reading the documentation and I’ll try doing an outline of what to write
From what I see the proposal is already done in #78 I should directly discuss the content of the article in the issue itself and start writing on WP right?

1 Like

You can start writing on WP right now if you desire. You can basically write it however you like, as long as you follow the guidelines.

After you’re done, ping glb, rlengland, or me, and we’ll be happy to create a featured image and suggest some changes here and there.

And yes, let’s further discuss this in #78. If you have any questions, feel free to ping us!

2 Likes

Hey @theevilskeleton @glb I’ve created a first draft of the article in the WP dashboard
will wait for a feedback, also for the life of me I couldn’t make the code blocks look properly in the preview :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Luca. It looks great. We can fix the code blocks. We’ll probably be able to run this on Monday.

Thanks!

2 Likes