I tried rebasing to Fedora 31 with Silverblue and hit the following issues:
wireless networking doesn’t work: wpa_supplicant is not installed, iwd is used instead
- mentioned @ Unable to update GPG signatures found, but none are in trusted keyring
- bug @ https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1743585
- a local workaround for the time being (if you’re determined) is to
rpm-ostree install wpa_supplicant
toolbox (or podman?) is broken
Error: unable to start container "test": error reading container (probably exited) json message: EOF
- different error messages for an existing F30-built container or a new container
- bug filed @ https://github.com/debarshiray/toolbox/issues/246
- no known fix
Firefox is older than the version in F30 (this prevents you from using your Firefox profile, as it checks and does not want to be downgraded)
- This will be fixed whenever the most recent version of Firefox lands in F31; meanwhile, it requires creating a new profile or using another browser (which may include Firefox in a Flatpak or installing Epiphany or Chromium as a layered RPM)
I’m not sure if I would’ve hit two of these issues if I had upgraded to F31 on a traditional install. DNF would’ve probably kept wpa_supplicant and Firefox probably wouldn’t have been downgraded.
Thankfully, with Silverblue, it’s possible to rollback (except I changed too many things when installing/rebooting F31, so I cannot here on this machine) or rebase back to F30 (and reinstall the layered packages).