Considering a general reorganization of this site!

Happy holidays!
I see you around the forums, @mattdm , and I appreciate all that you do and all that other volunteers and other contributors do.
I think the layout and direction of the site is very positive! I do however, think that the category named “the water cooler” should be aptly explained as a place to discuss general off-topic stuff, preferably as a parenthesis in the category header. The bullet point, as presented, would be okay. It took half a minute for me to understand the reference… (I’m not an office person, more of a factory floor person).

Also, “Specific workflows” is to me, pardon the pun, not specific enough. Maybe “your specific workflow(s)” would be slightly more encouraging/inviting to participation?

In any case; as society moves forward, the perfect solution of yesterday will be superseded by the perfect solution of tomorrow. I expect we will review the success of the final layout of this revision in two - three years time, and implement proven quality of life improvements which pop up in the meantime.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s always nice to hear.

Yeah, I’m torn between using something cute like “Water Cooler” and just having a boring functional description. A cute name seems more friendly and fun, but also don’t translate cross-culturally (and as you note even within people’s experiences in one culture). Hopefully the description will be sufficient… — as you say, we can always review and adjust.

Maybe “Team Workflows” or “Team Specific Workflows” or “Project Workflows”? Or “Factory Floor”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is now live. Let’s see how it goes — hopefully this general scheme will be good for another three years of growth at least. :slight_smile:

I already answer this in another place because I couldn’t find this one.

Yeah, I think this thread is Done and it’s time for followups to go in their own specific threads anyway. :classic_smiley: