Can't Get Brother HL-L2320D to print

Hello. I’m trying to use a Brother HL-L2320D with Fedora 38 and a Lenovo Yoga 9i. Printer works fine with a Thinkbook running Mint.

When I try to add the printer, it’s detected by USB but the model doesn’t show up in the list of available drivers. I’ve installed, I believe, the drivers Brother offers (https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=ca&lang=en&prod=hll2320d_us_as&os=127). The installations have added “BrGen ML1 for CUPS” to the list of drivers available under “Brother,” but selecting that one still doesn’t make the printer print. (Test pages show up as completed in the queue, and the printer light comes on briefly, but there’s no printing.)

Should I bother trying any more? Would it work to find the .ppd file inthe Mint laptop and copy it over to whatever the correct directory is in Fedora - then to select the “Manually provide a PPD file” choice in the add-printer setup?

Thanks.

Hi, the opensource brlaser driver should work for your printer: GitHub - Owl-Maintain/brlaser: open-source CUPS driver for monochrome Brother laser printers

Just dnf install printer-driver-brlaser and then add the printer using CUPS.

Please let us know if that works. :slight_smile:

Hello,
That worked very well. Thanks for your help!
:slight_smile: