Cannot download updates on Fedora 40

I am trying to download the latest updates from the software app. but constantly getting this error:

Cannot download Packages/q/qt6-qtdeclarative-6.7.1-4.fc40.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried; Last error: Status code: 404 for https://mirror.xeonbd.com/fedora/linux/updates/40/Everything/x86_64/Packages/q/qt6-qtdeclarative-6.7.1-4.fc40.x86_64.rpm (IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.x)

I know what this means:

The package is not available in any of the mirrors.

How can I resolve this issue?

Seams that this version is not available for F40.
https://fedora.pkgs.org/40/fedora-x86_64/qt6-qtdeclarative-6.6.2-3.fc40.x86_64.rpm.html

The version you are looking for is listed under Enterprise-Linux 8 as raven 3th party

Can you show us the output of the command sudo dnf repolist ?

Added kde-plasma, qt

I assume you use the KDE spin. If the package is not there it may be deprecated, try to just remove it.

The latest version is

qt6-qtdeclarative.x86_64                     6.7.2-1.fc40                      updates 

Is there anything that requires version 6.7.1 rather than 6.7.2?

I am using default Gnome spin.

I am using the application to update the software (not the command line), so there is no option for me to choose the version. I think it selects the version on its own. I don’t even know what this package does.

It looks like that the issue resolved on its own. Thanks all the people for your help.

1 Like

Can you show us the output of the command sudo dnf repolist ?

repo id                                                                           repo name
brave-browser                                                                     Brave Browser
code                                                                              Visual Studio Code
copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:phracek:PyCharm                                    Copr repo for PyCharm owned by phracek
fedora                                                                            Fedora 40 - x86_64
fedora-cisco-openh264                                                             Fedora 40 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
google-chrome                                                                     google-chrome
protonvpn-fedora-stable                                                           ProtonVPN Fedora Stable repository
rpmfusion-free                                                                    RPM Fusion for Fedora 40 - Free
rpmfusion-free-updates                                                            RPM Fusion for Fedora 40 - Free - Updates
rpmfusion-nonfree                                                                 RPM Fusion for Fedora 40 - Nonfree
rpmfusion-nonfree-nvidia-driver                                                   RPM Fusion for Fedora 40 - Nonfree - NVIDIA Driver
rpmfusion-nonfree-steam                                                           RPM Fusion for Fedora 40 - Nonfree - Steam
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                                         RPM Fusion for Fedora 40 - Nonfree - Updates
updates                                                                           Fedora 40 - x86_64 - Updates

Added workstation and removed kde-plasma