Can you really game out of a toolbox?

Does it make sense to create a ‘gaming’ toolbox and game out of that? I’m not sure how podman/toolbox works, and if there would be performance issues with trying to game from a toolbox. Does anyone have experience with this?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Not a direct answer but offering an alternative, mostly targeted at Windows gaming: Flatpaks really.

I am not a big gamer, but I have personally used the Steam Flatpak quite succesfully.

For what concerns EA/Origin games, I have used Lutris Flatpak and again I was amazed. I could play Star Wars Battlefront 2 in Multiplayer in Linux… for me that was an amazing moment.

The Lutris flatpak should also be able to run GOG, Epic and Battle.net launchers/games IIRC, but I have tried that myself.

1 Like

Thanks @returntrip those are great recommendations. I’ve installed both and will give them a try.

I was intrigued by the ability to do my gaming in a toolbox because it can be finicky to get drivers set up or vulkan shaders installed, etc. Thanks again!

1 Like

I recommend looking at:

1 Like

Here’s a video of someone playing Fifa inside toolbox. But I would stick with flatpak.

1 Like