Bioinformatics tools installation and usage etc

Hi!

I am Samee Ullah a Bioinformatician at National Institute of Health(NIH) Islamabad Pakistan.

I am interested to contribute articles about the installation and usage of bioinformatics tools in the Fedora Magazine. Also I checked the Fedora Scientific flavors which comes with just 2 or 3 tools preinstalled and other open source tools in genomics, structural biology etc are missing. Therefore I think this would be very helpful to the computational researchers and PhDs or Postdocs to work in their laboratories easily.

Please let me know If its a good idea.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Samee.

This is a great idea. +1. Just be sure to stick with FOSS tools.

Thanks!

Hello Samee,

I’ve opened Pagure card #127 for your article.

Please follow all of the directions found at this magazine site

We use Pagure to track and comment on the article as it progresses and to answer questions from the authors. It is a handy way of keeping track of the article progress for both the authors and the editors. Also a good place to ask for help about specifics of what you are writing if needed.

• Please let us know when you start writing this article by commenting on the issue in Pagure. The editors will change the status to “In progress” at that time.

• After you have completed the article, and feel it is ready for review, please add a preview-link for your WordPress article to the Pagure issue. and indicate it is ready for review.

Please let us know if you have questions, and thanks for volunteering to help on the Fedora Magazine. We look forward to reading your article.

If you’d like to help include these, please get in touch with the package maintainers community. We do have special working groups that focus on particular scientific domains. For example, the Neuro-sig works on Neuroscience related packages. If we don’t have folks working on genomics etc., it’s merely because we don’t have enough community members that work in/are interested in these areas.