bhoman/ytfzf

Description

ytfzf

A posix script that helps you find Youtube videos (with out API) and opens/downloads using mpv/youtube-dl.

• Thumbnails
  • History support
  • Download support
  • Format selection (and default formats)
  • Queue multiple tracks (using fzf multiselection)

Installation Instructions

Instructions not filled in by author. Author knows what to do. Everybody else should avoid this repo.

Active Releases

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).

Release Architectures Repo Download Fedora 33 x86_64 (0)* Fedora 33 (0 downloads)

* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bhoman/ytfzf/

Hello @bhoman,
thank you for the repository.

I just packaged ueberzug which is an optional dependency for ytfzf for showing thumbnails. It can be found here frostyx/ueberzug Copr

Would you care to mention it in installation instructions or add the Copr repository to your project runtime dependencies and require the package in the ytfzf specfile?

Ytfzf looks so much better with thumbnails :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello,
Trying to install this package in Fedora 33 from the copr repository is giving me this error:
Error:
Problem: conflicting requests

• nothing provides mpv needed by ytfzf-20210316-1.fc33.x86_64
    (try to add ‘–skip-broken’ to skip uninstallable packages)
    Could you please tell me what is a good solution here?
    thank you

@afduggirala mpv is a requirement of ytfzf but it isn’t available in the default Fedora repositories. I installed it from rpmfusion, there are instructions on how to set that up available here: Configuration - RPM Fusion

Hi,

tried it today but stumbled upon :

ytfzf -t title
Scraping Youtube…
ERROR[#01]: Couldn’t curl website. Please check your network and try again.
Check for new versions and report at: GitHub - pystardust/ytfzf: A posix script to find and watch youtube videos from the terminal. (Without API)

after some search I found this :
https://github.com/pystardust/ytfzf/issues/183

Thanks for packaging this !

Hi @choufleur I updated the package to use the latest release from the github repo. It looks like from that issue that it isn’t fully resolved but it looks like there is a workaround in the issue discussion so hopefully that helps.

1 Like

@bhoman : waw, that was quick !
I can confirm ytfzf is working fine now. Thanks a lot.

Hi @bhoman, thank you for the repo! Could you replace the dependency on youtube-dl with yt-dlp? youtube-dl was unmaintained for a few month and about three month ago yt-dlp made it to Fedora’s official repos and became ytfzf’s default downloader.

@qoheniac I made those changes. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reaction!