Auto-mount secondary drive?

Is there any way to a auto-mount a secondary disk drive in Silverblue upon startup? It seems like any attempt to edit fstab causes my Silverblue to no longer boot, whereas it works just fine in regular Fedora 28/29.

I’ve had the same issue. I got a message on boot that /etc/multipath.conf does not exist

I see I’m not the only one having issues. I created a bug report here: Issue #46: Editing mount point options in Gnome disk utility renders system unbootable - teamsilverblue - Pagure.io Seeing the lack of response here and in that thread, I assume it just can’t be done in Silverblue :frowning:

I just updated the pagure issue, but for the folks watching here the workaround is to specify your mount point under /var

The secondary disk in my example was defaulting to being mounted a /mnt/extra_disk. When I updated /etc/fstab to mount the disk to /var/mnt/extra_disk, it worked normally.

1 Like

@walters got to the root of the issue (bad SELinux policy) - 1637070 – AVC avc: denied { getattr } for pid=3176 comm="systemd-fstab-g" path="/mnt" dev="dm-0" ino=33554545 scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:object_r:mnt_t:s0 tclass=lnk_file permissive=0

2 Likes

@miabbott’s suggestion works, and my system now boots and mounts the 2nd drive automatically. Thanks!

1 Like