Audio variables and devices; some work, some won't

Kernel version 5.15.14-200.fc35.x86_64
Plasma version 5.23.4
Xorg 11

I am unable to get my Jabra Evolve2 40 headset to work under Fedora 35 and Plasma 5.23.4.

Here are the audio settings when earphones and microphone are both working, with the earphones plugged in to the 3.5mm jack:

Here are the audio settings when the Jabra headset is not working, with the headset plugged in to a USB-C port:

The level indicator for the Jabra playback device moves as if it were working, but there’s no sound. (Raising the volume does not change anything.)

Here are my hardware audio settings:

Why is the Jabra headset not working? What can I do?

(And for extra credit, what are the different Nvidia “devices,” and profile options?)

Could you please give us more info’s as :

inxi -Fzx in terminal and post the output as </> Preformatted text here.

@ilikelinux Okay, I will. I’m away from the location of that machine until Saturday. I’ll do it then. Thank you.

Assuming you’re interested only in the audio portions of the report:

Audio:
  Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH cAVS vendor: Lenovo
    driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-cnl bus-ID: 00:1f.3
  Device-2: NVIDIA vendor: Lenovo driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
    bus-ID: 01:00.1
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.16-200.fc35.x86_64 running: yes
  Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.43 running: yes

Hi, would you like to try change the Jabra profile to Digital Stereo (IEC958)? You could select the upper and lower. But if you want to use mic (if available with your Jabra), use the upper one.

@oprizal Thanks for replying. Doesn’t work, nor the digital option without mic. I think I’ve tried all the profiles, with and without Teams launched, with audio samples from browser and also an audio app. Nothing. Works with earphones plugged in to the 3.5mm jack, which defaults to the “Play HiFi quality Music” [sic] profile.

At one point, audio came through the Jabra headset. Idk which update change it.