Article proposal - 4 common errors in automation

Summary: 4 Common Errors made in automation practices/policies.

Description:

1. scripts are not tested thoroughly before deployment
  2. admins do not consider the load the scripts will place on resources
  3. admins forget make changes that are then reversed by compliance scripts
  4. admins do not document their work
2 Likes

+1! :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Admins do not understand the systems they are automating well enough to automate them effectively
1 Like

+1 from me, as well,

I’ve opened Pagure ticket #116 to track this article. Please us it to communicate with the editors on it specifically. Any questions can be asked via comments on the ticket. Don’t be afraid to ask, we’re a friendly bunch.

When you have a version of your article ready for review in WordPress, let the editors know by leaving a note on the ticket with the preview link.

The work flow for artricles is describe here:

Some information on contributing is described here:

Thank Richard. If I may make a suggestion, the steps for submitting an article should mention where to actually put the draft. It talks about writing it but not where to actually do that or how to submit the draft.

1 Like

Gary, there is admittedly a lot of information to process but if you look at the page you referenced above there is a section labelled

2. Write it

There it says

Write your article in the Magazine Wordpress …

The link there will take you to the Fedora Magazine Dashboard. Select the “+ New” link at the top of the page and “Post” from the drop down menu. This will open the WordPress editor where you can create your article.

I hope that helps.

Hi Gary.

Thanks for your feedback. I think sometimes what seems obvious to some of us who are more familiar with the tools may not be so obvious to others who are less familiar with them.

If you feel like it, I invite you to try the new “Edit this Page” feature/link that has just been added to all the documentation pages. You should be able to find the icon in the upper-right region of the page. I think you can use it to directly submit suggestions for rewording the documentation that an editor can then approve (or not). :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Richard,

You’re right. I saw that last time but I didn’t notice it being a link then. Must have just been my eyes playing tricks on me.

Thanks,

Gary