Article about Fedora in corporate environments

Post already copied and set the preview URL.

Thanks Oliver. We’ll assign someone to review and edit it at tomorrow’s IRC meeting. Watch the card for updates. If we have any questions, we will post them there.

Thanks Gregory for the update. I’ll keep watching the card as you told.

Hi there. I’ve seen the article has been already published and also I received a message about moderating comments. I do not have permissions for editing or changing comments.

Do I have to do that? Should I have the permissions?

I think you should be able to moderate comments now. You might have to logout and back in.

Not very clear to me what editing/changing a comment should mean? You normally would accept a comment or not. I’m totally fine with that. Changing something can lead to manipulation that the user doesn’t get aware of.

Hello @ogutierrez ,
With the access to comment approval, please read the directions we follow at https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-magazine/approving-comments/ for Fedora Magazine procedures on approving/rejecting comments. As @anon88952508 noted, editing someone else’s comments is not something we do or would support. You either approve or reject, or approve with a comment of your own about your concerns/answer.

1 Like

@ogutierrez good article! I am not a native english speaker. I would change:

• “You to manually” → “You have to manually”
  • “This services” → “This service”
1 Like

@ogutierrez Thank you for catching that. I’ve made the changes you pointed out.

Thanks @sobek . I’m not an English speaker either, so thanks for the corrections :smiley:

Thanks @jakfrost I was not planning to edit the comments, but the message I get in workdpress is that I’m not allowed to edit comments (when I click on the approval link).

I’m still with the same problem. I can’t approve any comment.

Hello @ogutierrez ,
I checked your user settings in WP and they looked okay, but I reapplied them anyways, so please give it a try when you can, I think you can moderate comments for posts you publish.

I will have to wait for a comment in my post. At least , in other comments what I have is this:

And also was what I had in mine.

The yellowish one is an unapproved comment and the white one is approved. Neither one or the other has any checkbox or link or whatever to approve it. On the other hand, if I used the link in the email to automatically approve it, the wp-admin told me I did not have permissions to edit.

Thanks. I will check as soon as a comment arrives to my mailbox.

This is what I’m getting when clicking in the email link to approve a comment.

You know, I’ve never approved comments via email, always at the site, I should try it sometime. I’ll have a look to see whats up.

Just thought it was my “duty” to do that on my article. But there is always someone approving them before I get to them, so it’s ok :slight_smile:

Well as an editor it is a part of our role to moderate the comments of posts, so we share that collectively and actively monitor the Fedora Magazine comments usually daily providing our day jobs allow.

In case of doubt, for example if there was a personal attack or the like, an editor/moderator would probably consult the author?

Well, if you look at our guidelines for editors on comments at https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-magazine/approving-comments/ you will see how we are guided in determining what to approve as comments or reject them. The one thing I don’t like about the process in WP is I cannot reject a comment and attach a reason I did it for the poster of the comment, which I see as not completing the communication cycle. With respect to any personal attacks, like insults, etc… I wouldn’t let them through in any case, since there is no place for that behaviour here or in the Fedora Magazine comment section.

1 Like