Are email notifications rate-limited?

I recently noticed this footer on email notifications from the Fedora Discourse instance:

Heads up: We send a maximum of 100 daily emails. Check the site to see the ones that might be held back. PS thanks for being popular!

Is this an intentional limitation? Is there still an expectation that Discourse will be used to emulate mailing lists?

EDIT I realized that when I got this warning, I still had trust level 0. But according to the documentation of trust levels, there should be no impact on email rate limits.

Weird things are happening on Discourse lately. For instance, right now I’m looking at your 6-day-old post, and Discourse is showing a notice above it that reads, “It’s been a while since we’ve seen fweimer — their last post was 8mon ago.”

(Unless that means your last post before this one? If so, (a) why would it be telling me that, and (b) way to not be clear.)

1 Like

I didn’t see that when posting my question. It’s true that my last posting before that was in December 2018 (at least that what’s Discourse is showing me).

I must say that I find it kind of nasty that Discourse shows others things about me that I do not see myself on the site.