Api flags index 2 larger than supported by driver

[ 3.561865] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: api flags index 2 larger than supported by driver

Is this some kind of issue…Can anyone help me solve this issue and explain what does this mean…

During the startup process you might see various messages printed to the screen. Most of them are just informational messages, not errors or warnings or anything of that kind.

I’m curious, Is this impairing your computer usage in any way?

With regards I have not encountered any sort of impairing… I am very unknown on these and while on a terminal I saw these issues and wonder if they would impair in the days to come… I am so sorry on opening issues on such childish topics but I don’t want to format my laptop for the 4th time :tired_face:
I am tired of it every time I try to fix something my laptop doesnot boot up and I don’t have any idea to boot and fix this up…

No need to apologize for anything. We all know questions are well intended :slight_smile: Don’t be afraid to poke around and ask for help if you break something, or even before if you have anything that’s not familiar to you.

If the issue happens that affects your boot, it is always useful to know what was done to the operating system before-hand. So whatever you do, try to be mindful about it. You’ll be more familiar with the issue when/if it occurs and you’ll have easier time explaining it.

We all break our machines sometimes. Not to say Fedora is unstable, on the contrary, I have very time breaking it, but if it breaks, It’s all normal when you’re trying to learn something. Hopefully every breaking issue makes you understand your system a bit more :slight_smile:

That being said, you’d likely need to dive in deepder into iwlwifi component to understand under which circumstance message is printed. But I’d say, if your Wifi works fine, just ignore it :slight_smile: As I said previously, Linux and its various modules can be verbose sometimes.

1 Like