alebastr/river

Description

river is a dynamic tiling wayland compositor that takes inspiration from dwm and bspwm.

Note: river is currently early in development. Expect breaking changes and missing features. If you run into a bug don't hesitate to open an issue

Design goals
  • Simplicity and minimalism, river should not overstep the bounds of a window manager.
  • Window management based on a stack of views and tags.
  • Dynamic layouts generated by external, user-written executables. (A default rivertile layout generator is provided.)
  • Scriptable configuration and control through a custom wayland protocol and separate riverctl binary implementing it.

Installation Instructions

Instructions not filled in by author. Author knows what to do. Everybody else should avoid this repo.

Active Releases

The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).

* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.

External Repository List

The following repositories are accessible during builds

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/alebastr/river/

Just mentioning your package seems to be missing several features thats documented upstream in river

upstream repo

upstream documentation

Even though your copr repo reports river 0.2.6 it seems that the tag rulset that was added at this commit are missing.

I pulled in the git repo for the copr package from here

and it seems the rpm spec file is building off of version 0.1.3, but sadly I’m not all too familiar with how copr would work and suspect this might be the root cause of the missing feature. Or maybe it’s a build flag that missing.

The documentation on master branch describes features of the development branch, and not stable 0.2.x.

Again, this commit is only present in the master branch. It was not included into any released versions.

I’ve just added river-git built from the latest git snapshot. It should have all the missing features.