Adding new Editors?

It seems like we’ve had a drop off in capacity in the Editorial team lately. This happens sometimes—we’re all volunteers when it comes to Magazine, even the Red Hat employees. But it might be good to add another Editor or two to help spread the load a bit.

At the same time, one thing I’m a strong believer in is allowing volunteers to step away. I know I’ve stuck around projects thinking “oh, I’ll be able to contribute any moment now” because it’s hard to say “I can’t do this right now”. So if there are Editors who would like to step down, that’s okay, too. (I’m not encouraging anyone to do this unless they truly want to).

Anyway! Thoughts?

Sure, the more the merrier, right? In my own case, I do emergent service work, so it isn’t usually on a schedule. Also, it will invariably occur when most inconvenient.

I mean i could be an editor, my only job is middle school. So if you need help or somebody to write a article, im all for it!

Sorry that I haven’t been contributing much lately. I’m willing to do double duty (edit 2 articles per week?) for the next few weeks if that helps to make up for it. I’m sort of a one-man IT shop for my department at the university and doing volunteer work for the magazine tends to be rock-bottom on my priority list. If there is a problem moving articles along, I’m sure I can do more.

If you want me to run the weekly meetings more, I’d request that the time be moved forward about 3 hours. I’m not a morning person.