I made a new “album” using VCV Rack and Audacity.
How it works to make a song using VCV Rack:
- First I try to add some ideas in VCV Rack. I can add some sequencers, some noise sources + filters, reverb, try to add some delays too (delays are a very useful tool to produce some strange sounds).
- Try to add a new module in each songs too
- After that, I play with the patch. What are the sounds possibilities, are there some interesting audio glitches I can play with ? I can refine the patch, removing some part and adding more stuff.
- Now, ready to record. I use Audacity + jack for the recording.
- Once recorded, I lisen to the track and, under Audacity, I try to apply PaulStretch effect. This effect allows to slow down the track and sometimes, some really interesting effects pop up.
- And now, I save the final track …
You can hear the album on Jamendo: